The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
The way it works is to answer 11 questions from the one who nominated you, and then you nominate few bloggers and give them 11 questions.
Let’s start with Lotte‘s questions:
1. If you could abandon everything, no strings attached, where would you go?
This is super tough. Probably to Hong Kong or some peaceful place where I can enjoy a good mix of urban and nature. Somewhere where I can stroll about and enjoy every detail of my surroundings. I guess that’s some place in Europe.
2. What’s your favourite (or one of your favourite) memory?
A lot! I love going back and recalling my childhood. One of my favorite memories is this: My dad was out a lot during the earlier years of my childhood so to make up for this, he’d call home when he was at work and ask me and my brother what kind of toys we’d want- because really, at that age, that’s the only thing you think about. Then when he’d come home, he’d hug my mom and then surprise us kids with some brand new toys. He did this so many times and it was something I appreciated so much. My parents rock.
3. What games did you play as a child?
Videogames? Dance Dance Revolution, Crash Bandicoot 3, Dynasty Warriors, and a huge chunk of Star Wars games.
Boardgames? Monopoly and Game of Life.
4. What’s your favourite season?
5. What’s a hobby/activity you have not had the chance to try yet, but would like to?
6. If you were a character from a movie, which character would it be and from which movie?
As a movie buff this is so tough for me to answer! Probably Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs The World just because of her awesome wardrobe. (minus the Evil Exes and mysterious past)
7. What are your three favourite books?
Just three? “Living Out Loud” by Keri Smith, “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell, and “Show Your Work” by Austin Kleon. Ask me tomorrow and I’ll probably give out a different answer. I love books, okay.
8. Do you have a set morning routine?
9. If you could make a t-shirt with a quote on it, what quote would you put on it?
Probably a lyric from an Icon For Hire song
10. What inspires you most to write a blog post?
I blog about what I currently obsess over.
11. What would your ideal home be, a city apartment, a house in the suburbs, or a rural house?
A beautiful house in the suburbs
And now for Trish‘s questions:
1. If you were to impose a 30-day shopping ban for yourself, what would be the biggest temptation you have to fight/not give in to?
Toys and Books
2. If you have plans of eventually getting married, at what age do you want to get married?
Sometime between 28-mid 30s.
3. Would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
If I had a cool team then maybe.
4. Zachary Levi or Matt Bomer?
Zachary Levi just because he’s Flynn Rider and he gives awesome performance in First Date: The Musical.
5. Would you date someone younger?
6. Give one item off your bucket list that you’d like to do or try the most.
Travel around the world with my family
7. Team Gale or Peeta?
Gale. (Disclaimer: I’m basing it on the movies so far, because they showed them before I got to finish the books)
8. If you could name a star, what would you name it?
Kaela. Just because.
9. What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning?
I wonder what’s going on in *insert current obsession*. Then I go check Twitter right away.
10. If you had the chance to be invisible for a day, what would you do?
Play in a play place! (i.e. an indoor kids’ playground with ball pits, slides, and places to crawl) And no one will judge me. Yay!
11. What was your last dream about?
I thought I’d follow my brother home but we ended up in another country. We walked and passed a lot of trees and finally ended up in this spa resort. But it was old and I was a bit suspicious. Everything was fine at first then I overheard the resort staff coming up with a plan to kidnap us. And then I woke up before anything else happened.
1. What is your favorite film of all time?
2. Where were you during the summer of 2005?
3. Do you have any fond memories from the 1990s?
4. What is your most-played song this week?
5. When was the last time you went to the beach?
6. Did you have any favorite toys growing up?
7. Marvel or DC?
8. Do you own a Funko Pop vinyl figure?
9. Where were you when the new millennium came (January 1, 2000)?
10. Do you prefer online shops over regular shops?
11 What were your hobbies before you discovered the internet?