So it’s been a year since I got dengue.
I got confined- my first time ever, and it was a scary time. For those who don’t know, dengue is an illness that is acquired through a mosquito a bite. The illness comes in different levels ranging from mild to high dengue and it can be fatal. I’m not sure what type I had but it was pretty bad.
It was a time of firsts:
- First time to get dengue (because sadly, dengue is popular in tropical places like where I’m from)
- First time to get confined
- First time to have an IV on me
- First time to get 10+ injections in under a week (and I am terrified of needles)
- First time to miss a contest I’ve been waiting a year to join